Dec 29, 2008
Hope you all had a nice one, and lets all hope for a better one next year!
Merry belated Christmas to you all, and have a safe and happy new year!
Dec 23, 2008
Enjoy your tax refund!
Or hope that your taxes are really working for you in this country!
Dec 22, 2008
Of course, you have been to Divisoria this December. With prices of everything going up and our meager salary staying the same, we troop to Divisoria in search of gift items for our inaanaks, parents, friends and loved ones. But how is Divisoria in December? It is a battle zone , I tell you. If you have been to Divisoria during May-June, in time for opening of classes, you can imagine the number of people there. Now, multiply that number by ten. Yes, thats how crazy Divi is this time of the year. But you can buy really cheap stuff, and get the most out of your money if you are wiling to brave the battlezone. When I saw the sign below, I had to take a picture. I only managed to take another one before my mother glared at me to put the phone inside before some somebody grab my phone!
Dec 16, 2008
Early this morning, my husband (he didn't go to mass since last night was my company's Christmas party and we went home late) went out to buy bibingkas, one special and another regular, and 2 puto bumbongs. I was so touched, since he knows they are my favorite, so I forgot to take photos before we started eating them. Siempre, when I remembered to take pictures, there was nothing left, except for the niyog! Anyway, here are yummy and nice photos from the Pinoycook.
Now, there is a small lifting of my post-Bohol holiday mood and I am slowly beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! There is really nothing like food to usher the holiday!
Dec 15, 2008
Also, have you noticed the kind of gifts you get from corporate clients this year? Its now almost the last week of work but I have only seen 2 desktop calendars so far. No umbrella yet. He he. Sure sign the economy is really bad.
Dec 10, 2008
Dec 2, 2008
Nov 28, 2008
I want to thank all of you who have taken the time and trouble to send me your damn chain letters over the past few years. Yes, thank you, thank you,thank you from the bottom of what's left of my heart for making me feel safe, secure, blessed, and wealthy. Because of your concern...
- I no longer can drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.
- I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.
- I no longer drink anything out of a can because I will get sick from the rat feces and urine.
- I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.
- I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.
- I no longer use margarine because it's one molecule away from being plastic.
- I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.
- I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.
- I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a stupid number for which I will get the phone bill from hell with calls to Jamaica, Uganda, Singapore, and Uzbekistan.
- I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me. Thanks to you, I have learned that God only answers my prayers if I forward an email to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes. (Geez, the BIBLE did not mention it works that way!)
- I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl who is about to die in the hospital (for the 1,387,258th time).
- I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the £15,000 that Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.
If you don't send this e-mail to at least 1200 people in the next 60 seconds, a large bird with diarrhea will crap on your head at 5:00 PM this afternoon and the fleas of a thousand camels will infest your armpits. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of my next door neighbour's ex-mother-in-law's 8th husband's 2nd cousin's 3rd husband's ex-wife's mother's beautician!
from our forwarded emails department, what else can we do but forward :-)
Nov 27, 2008
Well, lets just see who wins. Me or my husband. He he.
photo from GMA News Tv's Dream Match
Nov 26, 2008
My other blog, To Be, To Be. Tutubi is under major re-construction. See, my feeds wont work. I tried everything I know (mainly, emailing Jhay, he he) and still the feeds there still wont update (see link below!) I even deleted that post hoping that it will re-direct somewhere else. Anyway, I am hoping to do a major overhaul and delete and reinstall all my widgets and see what made the error. Hay, this is turning to be an eye-opener. I should learn something about html and not just rely on free templates and wysiwyg editors.
If you can help me, just comment below, PRETTY PLEASE!
Nov 25, 2008
If you want to help me, just leave a message here and give me a tutorial. Oh, the blog in question is To be, To Be. Tutubi. If you put me on your blogroll, you'll see it doesn't update.
Again, thanks Jhay for the help and more power to your blog!
Nov 21, 2008
Money Making Sites Sources
Electro Magnetic Popcorn! C'Mon!
The Filipino Nurse
Jhay's Online Logs
Nov 17, 2008
Nov 14, 2008
Weary from looking at your computer the whole day? Why don't you test your eyes?From our forwarded emails department:
Can you find the B (there are 2 B's)?
Once you've found the B
Find the 1
Once you found the 1...........
Find the 6
once you've found the 6...
Find the N (it's hard!!)
once you've found the N...
Find the Q.
Did you find it all?
Nov 10, 2008
Bought the bag at Penniwise Trading located at the ground floor of Quadrillion Mansion, N. Domingo, San Juan. A very good find indeed.
Nov 6, 2008
Nov 5, 2008
- what if we were a US state, how many electoral votes would we have? How long before they know the results of the election from here? Paano ang dagdag-bawas? Fiesta athmosphere pa din kaya?
- what if something bad happens to Obama between now and January 20 when he will be sworn to office? Who will take his place, his vice-Joe Biden or the 2nd runner up? Parang Ms Universe no? The role of the runner up is very important. If anything should happen to the crowned Ms Universe...
- our Comelec officials were closely monitoring the US elections. Some I think are even abroad to observe. Tapos pagbalik naman dito, ano mangyayari? Sa palagay nyo ba e magiging computerized pa ang voting sa Pilipinas? Paano? E lahat ng nasa puwesto e umaasa na puede silang makapandaya so sino ang magpupush ng computerization?
- ang galing no, election kanina pag pasok mo sa office, pag lunch break mo may presidente na. Sa atin isang buwan pa bago mo malaman. At minsan, panalo ka na, pagdatingng boto galing Mindanao, biglang lamang ng more than 1 million votes.
- pati yung mga madre at pari dito sa atin , binidindisyunan pa ang mga ballot boxes. At saka ang atmosphere, parang fiesta.
- hay, kailan pa kaya tayo makakarinig ng presidential candidate sa atin na nagconcede? Dito kasi, lahat ng natalo, nadaya. Well, they should know, gawain nila yun e.
Nov 3, 2008
Oct 31, 2008
Again, are they allowed to show such scenes on TV? Imbestigador will feature funeral parlors , their costs, their rackets and all in time for this Halloween celebration. Pero goshes, utang na loob! Wag naman ipakita sa TV habang may kumakain. During 24 ORAS, whenever a sensitive item will be shown, Mel Tiangco or Mike Enriquez would make pasintabi. At least, prepared ka. But this morning talaga, I swear, KAKADIRI! You might think na umaarte lang ako, pero sige nga, ikaw nga imaginin mo to: mukha ng patay na lalaki, with the wife na nagrereklamo sa quality ng pagkaka-prosess sa patay, then makita mo nga yung mukha ng patay na may uod!
Eww, even while writing this, kinikilabutan pa din ako.
Oct 30, 2008
Oct 29, 2008
Kapagod. Kainis. Kabuwisit.
Magtrabaho ka ng maayos, hindi ka umasenso. Tapos yung mga nangungurakot, malaya. Hay buhay! Ang sama ng gising!
Oct 20, 2008
Oct 15, 2008
So yes, I still love ukay ukay.
Oct 10, 2008
From the online tagalog-english dictionary: hal´ukay maghalukay, haluk´ayin (mag-:-in) v. to dig, to turn over and back either in search of something or to mix well. Hinalukay ni Maria ang aking mga kagamitan. Maria rummaged through my things.
There are a lot of reports/studies/articles in the net that seeks to explain Pinoy's fascination to all things okay and here are two of the most useful links:
Ukay Ukay by Dr Jaime S. Ong
First class finds from second-hand closets by Dinna Chan Vasquez
Sep 22, 2008
- Make a list. Of things you will buy and how much your budget is. And stick to it! Believe me, this is the easiest tip to give and the hardest to follow. See, even if you budget only 300 pesos for a shoes, you will be sorely tempted to get that next pair! And even if items are not on your list, once you see that cute hair accessories for 5 pesos only, yes 5 pesos, you wont be able to resist. And later on, your small buys will add up and eat up you budget.
- Dress comfortably. Divisoria is jampacked with people. Even inside its airconditioned malls, you will have to tough it out with the crowd so better be dressed for battle. Especially, wear very comfortable shoes or slippers. Believe me.
- Bring a small body bag for your money and a big shopping bag for your buys. You must secure your money and cellphone (if you really have to bring it!). Divisoria is also known for snatchers and pickpockets! Also, you dont want to be burdened by plastic bags for all items you bought so bring a big shopping bag where you can stuff them all. Preferably, a bag with zipper so your items are safe. There are kids selling plastic bags but sometimes they are pricey.
- Dont get over-excited. You saw cute slippers for only 50 pesos so you bought a pair. Only to see that further along the road, the same slippers were being sold for only 25 pesos. Yes, sad indeed. However, don't take too long to decide. By hoping to see slippers being sold for 20 bucks, you may end up not buying anything at all or worse, having to go back and look for them all over again.
- Learn from your mistakes. Ha ha, so you bought that for 50 pesos when you can have it for 20? So the sukli of the Manong is kulang? So you had blisters on your feet? Or worse, you lost your cellphone? These things could happen, so be sure to avoid them and if it inevitably happens, just learn from them.
These are just some practical tips that you may or may not follow. Some people I know go to Divisoria just to enjoy watching people. Some go there with no idea what to buy and end up lugging huge plastic bags of stuff they dont know what to do with anyway. You can't resist Divisoria, I am telling you.
Sep 19, 2008
I LOVE UKAY UKAY!
I do! Sometimes, we want to have that shirt or that dress or that short or that bag or that shoes (or sometimes even accessories) but the budget is tight. So what do we do, where do we go? Ukay!!! We all want to look good just like the next girl and I will share with you my some good finds and bad finds and Ukay shops where you can get your Fashionista gear in high spirit!